Friday, January 12, 2007

Me?

I just did something I never thought I'd do.

When I got home this evening, I could feel just one thing. Not cold or wet or tired. Nor was it an anticipation to watch TV or get the day's post. And my bladder wasn't bursting either.

I was hungry.

I opened the door, put the load off myself on the sofa and darted into the kitchen. The furry thing that keeps peeping from behind the washine machine did not make an appearance. He (assuming that he greets me so often, couldn't be a girl) has a strange effect on me. It's the same that ghouls-draculas-spooks-dark shadows-lizards-cockroaches combined would have.

So, what's on the menu?
Boiled eggs.
Bread.
Milk.
Tea cakes.
Apples.
Pears.
Chocolates.

Spoilt for choice, I picked up a tub of yoghurt and came up to my room.

The curtain of the window was slightly parted. The light had faded outside. The world outside was an orderly disarray - dark dustbins in the backyard with their lids open, the outhouse door opening and shutting, trees swaying madly and the people in the house behind us watching soccer on TV.

Suddenly in between spoonfuls of yoghurt, I found myself humming, 'All by mahself...'

I stopped eating.

Was it me?

Well of course, it's me. Only humming a song...

I always knew at the back of my mind that too many movies aren't any good. The memories of a certain character's decadent loneliness, in this country, in this weather and in a similar situation just made me behave like her.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:22 AM, Blogger dreamer said...

hmm.. that scene seems so familiar...

all by maaah sellllllllf...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home